Saturday, April 21, 2018

Twelfth Yoga Experience

How is pranayama taught/practiced in your practice space(s)? What is the purpose of breath work in your practice space? Is breath the "focus"of your practice? Explain why it is, or is not.


Pranayama or breath work has been incorporated in most of my practices. it usually depends on the teacher but I have found a lot of emphasis on breath in most of my practices and I think it adds to the benefits of yoga. Its not secret that breath work helps calm you and ease anxieties. I like how it keeps me grounded when I practice yoga. I think we often hold our breath when we do difficult things but I have been learning to breath through things. Although breath is not the focus of my practices I do find that my heart rate is able to be more stable and I stay cooler for longer. By regulating my breath and paying attention to it I am able to make smoother transitions with each position.

1 comment:

  1. how is pranayama taught and described and used in your practices?

    ReplyDelete